Twenty-five, twenty-four, twenty-three, twenty-two, twenty-one, twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen.
Sixteen more days.
Ok, I know, we are well and truly into the countdown. I got a little behind, what can I say?
How are you faring? With 16 days until Christmas do you have your decorations up? Gifts bought? Holiday dinner planned? Do you have Christmas/holiday music playing on your music device? Are you trying to just skip the holiday?
Skipping the holiday seldom works, trust me on this, I’ve tried. One of my favorite ways for combating the holiday is to get out and be among people. Even people I don’t know. Except now snow fills my driveway and a layer of ice coats the roads.
While others will brave the icy roads, not me. I have no intention of spending the holiday in the hospital in pain. That is NOT a good way to get through the season. Not to mention, I’m pretty sure my kids wouldn’t appreciate a gift of visiting mom in the hospital.
I considered going out and making a snowman. Didn’t. Although I did go out and just play. I mean really, snow is for kids, I let the kid in me go out and have some fun.
There are some advantages to being out in the snow:
- Going out in the snow help burn calories.
- Playing in the snow lightened my spirit.
- Making tracks in the snow made me laugh.
- Being out in all that white and light helps combat S.A.D.
- The only way to get the crucial ingredient for Snow Ice Cream is to go out in the snow.
- Coming in the house to warm up and drink hot chocolate is relaxing.
- Treating myself to a few minutes of pure fun made the rest of the day easier to handle
How about you? What is the weather where you live?
Have you gone out to enjoy the weather, regardless of your to-do list?
What have you done to let the child in you come out for the holidays?
What cold weather tradition have you indulged in this season?