Raise your hand if you remember the board of education. I don’t mean the one made up of people who made rules and paid the bills for the school. This one was about twelve inches long and five or six inches wide. Most had a handle carved on the end to make holding it easier.
Now, I’m not going to ask how you know about the board. Besides this isn’t that.
This is much easier.
This is about learning. Because learning is living. This is about keeping track of a tiny bit of the knowledge accumulated over a year, or month, or week. Time frame is optional.
I don’t know about you, but I sometimes (no definition on sometimes) forget the specifics of a lesson, whether something new is learned, or older knowledge is refreshed. Oh, I remember to put the information to use, sometimes.
However, my brain gets so jam-packed with information that some of the little nuggets get lost. Sometimes they’re just fun, interesting little facts or ideas.
- Like a small rock is either a “keeper” or a “let ‘er lay.” Depending on the rock collector’s point of view.
Sometimes they are helpful pieces of information that need to not get lost.
- How to use the gps on my phone, or the fact that my phone even has a gps.
Whether the education is about something serious and important, or fun, it’s nice to look back over the past week or month and be reminded of my education.
Which is how the Book of Education came to be. The only way for me to remember something I learn at the end of the month something I learned at the beginning is to have a reminder of some type. A small notebook works well.
Last year’s notebook has been misplaced and as soon as I recover it I’ll share some of my educational tidbits. For this year, I have a new Book of Education. Already it has a couple of entries, despite the fact that between a head cold, extreme cold weather, and snow, I haven’t been anywhere all week.
This week I have learned:
- Chapstick applied to a nose raw from a cold will soothe it and help it heal.
- Medicine really does work. After having the sniffles for a couple of days my son and daughter-in-law gave me some cold medicine. The next day I felt much better. Okay, so that one was more of a reminder.
- When I tried writing outside yesterday I learned the ink doesn’t flow well when it’s cold.
My Book of Education for 2017 has begun. What do you think about a Book of Education? Do you have a better title? Please leave a comment.
How do you remember some of the lessons you learn through the year?
What is a memorable thing you learned last year?
What is something you would like to learn?
This is post 7 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Thanks for joining us.