Shalini, who I met through the Ultimate Blog Challenge, has been doing a 10 Day “You” challenge. I’ve been following and thinking, ‘what a great idea.’ Which is why I’m following her lead.
Today is day one (or ten, since the challenge counts backwards) and secrets. I’m not sure they’re “secrets,” but here are ten things not everyone knows about me.
1. I am the mother of three, and the grandmother of six. I don’t think that’s any big secret. But you might not know it. They are seldom all in the same place at the same time, but they were last summer and I got a picture to prove it.
3. Growing up, my family moved, a lot. Often just changing houses in the same town. When changing houses, we also managed to change school districts. I went to nine different schools. And swore when I got married I would live in one place. Hmm, In the first four years of our marriage my husband and I moved eight times before we stayed in the same place for 26 years.
4. I am involved with Quilts of Valor and love making the presentations. Even if tears are involved.
5. I am a little bit of a rebel, again, no big secret. I like to do things just a little bit different.
6. In the past couple of years my hair has been in part, purple, pink, and green I don’t do unusual color anymore, because it seems everyone else, of vintage age, is doing it.
7. I’m not a fan of online shopping.
8. My dream house is a cottage style house with a beach and the ocean on one side and a garden with a patio on the other side. Of course, with someone to take care of the garden.
9. I love notebooks and journals and have several. They are very hard to pass up, and they’re not expensive. Much as I love buying them, I don’t like writing in them because then they are “messed up.” It takes me several tries to actually use a notebook or journal.
9. I was not a fan of the Beatles and became a fan of the Monkees almost in self-defense. After all what self-respecting teen-age girl of the sixties did not like the newest, coolest, rock and roll?
10. I know how to shoot, I haven’t gotten my concealed permit yet. Mostly because I don’t want to. I’m happy knowing how to handle the gun, and knowing I could use it if needed. When I was in high school a friend and I would go shooting a couple times a month. I don’t shoot as much now and I just have a pistol, although I prefer a rifle. Which is funny to me because in high school I shot a pistol. Go figure.
There you have it. Ten secrets that really aren’t all that secret. Thanks to Shalini and the Ultimate Blog Challenge.
What is one thing few people know about you?
Where is your dream house located?
Have you ever colored, or thought about coloring, your hair an unusual color?
Leave a note in the comments and let me know what you think.