I’ve been on the go these last few days which left little time for decluttering. Still, a deal is a deal and one thing a day must leave this house.
Today’s item is small, with a big impact. Okay, maybe not, the possibility for a big payoff existed. IF the product had actually been used. It was opened. That’s it, opened. I bought a dance video last year (or earlier) thinking, “this could work.” After all, it was a dance video, dancing is fun, dancing is exercise, I like dancing, dancing would help move pounds off my body.
There were several problems with this dance video, never mind the fact it featured Dancing with the Stars champion, Julianne Hough. No, the problem wasn’t the instructor.
I take that back, it was a little about the instructor, but not her skills, or ability to dance or teach dance. No, my issue is the same for her as most other exercise teachers.
• They are lean machines. There is not an ounce of fat on these people. How in the world can they relate to me, who has many, many ounces of fat?
• Their bodies are sculpted. Mine is plush.
• Their muscles are ripped and ready to roar. Mine are sitting on a lounger watching others move.
• They easily bend, stretch, and reach for the sky. I creak, crackle and groan when exerting.
• They do moves I’ve never seen, much less done.
• There is almost always someone doing the “modified” version. Noooooo, the modified is maybe 10 seconds slower and two inches easier than the featured move.
Exercise videos are designed, in addition to making money for the star of the video, to help a person drop pounds and get healthier. That only works if the video is put in the player, and the actions followed.
Since I’ve never managed to put my body in motion, even a little like Julianne, or any other exercise instructor, I might (might, I say) have watched it, but never actually did the moves there is no reason to keep it. I will keep walking outside. That seems to be the one exercise I do on a regular basis.
Have you ever kept something you bought for a specific purpose, only to find you didn’t like it?
Do you have an exercise video you like?
What is your favorite exercise?
Joining Ultimate Blog Challenge. Check them out for some interesting bloggers posting on a variety of subjects.